If you have a full, clean driving license, you should be permitted to drive abroad for the first year of your stay. An International Driving license is always better and you can simply exchange your license. 

Check the DVLA information if you want to know more about driving in the UK.

If the family needs you to drive their vehicle, they will arrange appropriate insurance for the car you will be driving. We also ask them to provide you with a couple of lessons and time to practise before you drive on your own or with the children.

Please provide a copy of your license in advance, with your references.

Petrol arrangements should be made directly with the family but if you are lucky enough to be able to use the car for personal you, you will usually cover the petrol costs for this yourself.