Au Pair in China!
The Edu Au Pair Program is a nice and safe way to explore China. As an Edu Au Pair you will live with a Chinese family for 3 to 12 months and take part in your host family’s everyday life. This unique program gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the Chinese culture and to see China from a new perspective.
- Aged 18 - 29 years
- Be a native English speaker
- Have completed your secondary education,
- Hold a doctor’s approval to join the program,
- Have a clean criminal record, and
- Be good with children and willing to teach children
- Be able to commit at least 3 months.
- Private bedroom
- Insurance ( insurance fee up to 200RMB/Month; sum insured up to 500,000RMB )
- At least 40 classes of Mandarin Chinese in every 3 months.
- Pocket money: 2,000 RMB/month.
- Round trip tickets (Direct flights are not guaranteed)
- Chinese visa costs
- Transport to your nearest Chinese visa center
- Travel costs to your departure airport
- Police check (if applicable)
- Health check (if applicable)
- Language and culture exchange: help the family children learn foreign language(Normally English)
- Share the light housework (Keep your own room and the public area clean)
Each host family is different, so the au pair’s responsibilities will vary depending on the different family. Upon arrival in the host family, the au pair shall discuss in detail with the host family the daily or weekly routine and the au pair and the host family’s expectations of the au pair program.
Room and Board
The host family provides the au pair a comfortable private room. The room is completely furnished with bed, closet, table, chair, access to Internet, etc. As a family member, you have meals with the family. If you have a special diet, please inform the family before your arrival. The family would be aware of it.
Working hours, free days and vacation
The au pair shall be permitted to work no more than 30 hours per week, in exchange for board, lodging and an allowance.
The au pair shall be entitled to no less than one and a half free days per week.
The au pair shall be entitled to 3 days paid holiday every 3 months and the au pair shall discuss with the host family any arrangements for holidays at least 2 weeks in advance.
The au pair get pocket money of RMB 2,000 per month.
To give you an idea of the purchasing power of the Yuan in China. Approximately 1 Yuan=0.13 EUR. The everyday expenses in
- Bus ride: 0.4 Yuan
- Subway: 2 -5Yuan
- Mineral water: 1 Yuan
- Beer: 2.5 Yuan
- A bowl of noodle: 15-20Yuan
- A plate of dumplings: 15-20Yuan
- T shirt in a market- 20-60 Yuan
The allowance will be more than sufficient to buy personal things for yourself.
Au pairs are also provided with:
- Visa invitation letter and guidance
- Airport pick up
- Pre-departure and arrival orientation
- Welcome pack with city map, SIM card (with 50RMB of initial credit) and Travel Pass (with 30RMB of initial credit)
- 24 hour support helpline
- Various cultural activities